Robert Kyagulanyi Sentamu, aka Bobi Wine, is set to be sworn in as Kyadondo East MP after he won last week’s by-election.
Like all the over 420 MPs, Bobi Wine is entitled to a number of benefits, allowances and a salary.
Here is what awaits Bobi, the ghetto boy that has risen to an MP:
• A consolidated salary: Shs 26m (this is subject to income tax),
• Monthly gratuity: Shs 8m
• A car: Shs 200m
• Medical insurance cover
• An iPad: Shs 3.6m
• Mileage facilitation: Shs 4.5m
• Constituency facilitation: Shs 3.2m
• Monthly subsistence allowance for meals: Shs 3m
• Shs 50,000 for every committee or plenary sitting
• Social security benefits: Shs 9m
• Town running allowances: Shs1m
• Travel abroad Per-diem: $520 (about Shs 1.87m)
• inland travel on official duty: Shs 150,000