Home > Uganda Education News

Jackson Mucunguzi Replaced as Makerere Police Chief

Makerere University Chief Security Officer (CSO) SP. Jackson Japheth Mucunguzi has been replaced, The Tower Post reports. Mucunguzi, dubbed OB, for his relationship with Makerere students will be replaced by ACP Enock Abeine who is fresh from a course at the Command and Staff College in Bwebajja, Wakiso District. He served as

Read More

Over 700 Pupils Participate in Roofings Medical Camp at St. Peters Nantabulirwa

Roofings Rolling Mills, the leading producer of quality steel and plastic building products in Uganda, last week conducted a free medical screening and treatment exercise at St Peter’s Primary School Nantabulirwa, Namanve, as a way to give back to the communities neighbouring their factory. The medical camp which took place on

Read More

EADB Sends 5 More Teachers for Technology, Engineering Scholarship in U.S

The East African Development Bank (EADB) held two farewell events at the Serena Hotel, Nairobi and Kampala, for winners of this year’s education scholarships under the EADB/AAI STEM scholarship programme.  The winners of the prominent scholarship are: Mr. Edward Mureka, (Kenya), Mr. Barnabas Wafula, (Kenya), Mr. Denish Akuom (Kenya), Mr.

Read More

LDC Pre-Entry Exam Results 2017/2018 Released: 55% Fail

The Law Development Centre (LDC) 2017/2018 Bar Course Pre-Entry Examination results have been released by the law council. 1812 students sat the pre-entry exams on 1st August this year but according to the just released results, only 840 passed (representing 45% of the total number) while the rest of the (55%)

Read More

Museveni Reunites with Former Rival Paul Kawanga Semwogerere

President Yoweri Museveni at the weekend met and shared a moment with former Presidential candidate Paul Kawanga Semwogerere. Museveni was attending Trinity College Nabbingo’s Platinum Anniversary celebrations that took place on Sunday at the school in Wakiso district. The two worked side by side after the 1986 bushwar until in 1995 when

Read More

CCCC Starts Scholarship Program in Bunyoro Region

Chinese Communications Construction Company (CCCC), a leading comprehensive infrastructure contractor and investor recently launched a mega scholarship program for the less privileged children as part of their corporate social responsibility. The company, through their Mubende Kakumiro Kagadi (MKK) project, launched the scheme in Kibale district early this week. According to the project

Read More

Govt Starts Mass Registration of Pupils for National IDs

Government has launched the mass registration of school-going children between the ages of five to 16 with the aim of issuing them with national Identity cards. The exercise will be carried out by the ministries of Education and Internal Affairs and National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) The launch of the exercise

Read More

CNOOC Uganda Rewards Best performing Students in Hoima With Shs 28M

CNOOC Uganda, an oil and gas company has today recognized and awarded ninety (90) best Performing Hoima students at PLE, UCE and UACE level under its Corporate Social Responsibility Program code-named “CNOOC Best Performer’s Award”. The CNOOC best performers Award was inaugurated in 2012, with an aim of encouraging better performance

Read More