To continue easing the customer experience, MTN Uganda has redesigned the award winning MyMTN app, a self-care mobile application.
The MyMTN app allows customers to access customer support services and MTN Mobile Money with ease, without using USSD codes or calling customer care. The upgrade was done to improve the customer experience, which has seen downloads reach 70,000 in January 2018.
“We continue to see growth in the usage of the MyMTN app, which is in-line with the rise in smartphone use in Uganda. The app is part of MTN’s strategy to ensure that it continues to play in the digital space by delivering products that makes the lives of customers brighter. Accessing MTN services in a single app ensures that our customers are being served better,” said Olivier Prentout, the MTN CMO.
Some of the updates on the app include:
– The updated account dashboard gives customers a detailed view of their recent transaction history including calls, SMS, Data, Recharges and Mobile Money.
– Customers can use the Data Calculator on the App to estimate how much data they need to buy.
– No need to call the call centre. Simply log and track queries via the MyMTN App.
Available for download via www.mtn.co.ug/mymtn or in the different appstores, the MyMTN app supports two major service categories; MTN Mobile Money and MySelfService which gives users absolute control over all MTN services.
It takes away the need for a customer to memorize the several MTN USSD codes if they want to purchase data bundles, airtime, MyPakaPaka with MBs and checking their balance.
The Mobile Money function gives the users the ability to schedule transactions such as bill payments for water and electricity, TV subscriptions or to send money monthly to the farm manager, mechanic and shamba boy among others. Importantly, for those sending money, the app directly links to your contacts so that when sending money, you can select the contact number instead of doing a copy and paste job, which sometimes has its challenges.
“The MyMTN App is an all in one solution and will continue to evolve to meet customer needs. In future we shall have greater adoption of the app and usage by MTN customers as Smartphones become more available,” Prentout added.
Due to the innovation around the app, in 2016 at the Social Media Awards the MyMTN app scooped the Best Mobile App award.
Some of the features that make the app unique.
– The App is FREE to use. No bundle is needed so, a customer gets unfettered access.
– Schedule Mobile Money transactions like utility bill payments.
– The App is available for different OS. No special requirement or need to change your device.
– The App stores your recent payment history for you, including amount and account details so the next time you want to pay the information is already there so you can confirm or update.
– Customers can report issues to Customer Services and follow up via the App. No need to call the helpline or visit a service center.
– Postpaid customers can get an itemized transaction history sent directly to their email accounts.