Preparations are underway for the 2017 edition of the Abryanz Style and Fashion Awards scheduled to take place on take place on 8th December, 2017 at the Kampala Serena Hotel.
The ASFAs which return with their first edition of celebrating fashion and reward outstanding personalities in fashion have unveiled a total of 17 categories of the awards in 4 classifications: Honorary Awards, Fashion Categories, Fashion Contributors and Public Influencers.
Nominations of the ceremony are expected to begin worldwide from Monday 4th September.
In a different fashion from last year, the awards have excluded a total of 11 categories that were featured in the previous years.
The new edition under the theme “The Fashion Takeover” – are set to be the biggest edition yet, drawing professionals in African entertainment – with a mission to shine a global spotlight on the African Fashion industry while highlighting creativity, achievement and excellence.
This year, two new categories have also been introduced: Fashion Entrepreneur of the year Uganda and Fashion Entrepreneur Africa in support of the ceremony’s theme: “Fashion Takeover”.
These awards will recognize individuals who have shown outstanding commercial success of their fashion businesses or personal brands.
Here are the 2017 ASFAs categories:
1. Lifetime/Style and Fashion Icon Achievement Award
2. Humanitarian Award for Works in Fashion
3. Outstanding Model of the year
4. Fashion Entrepreneur award (Uganda & Continental)
5. Fashion Designer of the Year (Uganda & Continental)
6. Model of the Year – Male & Female (Uganda & Continental)
7. Make up Artist of the year (Uganda & Continental)
8. Hair stylist of the year (Uganda & Continental)
9. Fashion Photographer of the year (Uganda & Continental)
10. Stylist of the year (Uganda & Continental)
11. Best Fashion Blogger / Writer (Uganda & Continental)
12. Most stylish/Best dressed celebrity – Male & Female (Uganda & Continental)
13. Most stylish Artiste – Male & Female (Uganda & Continental)
14. Fashionable Music video of the Year (Uganda & Continental)
15. Best dressed media personality of the year – Male & Female (Uganda & Continental)
16. Fashionista of the year – Male & Female (Uganda & Continental)
17. Best Dressed on the Red Carpet – Male & Female (Uganda & Continental)