Uganda Police Force has unveiled it’s 5-year strategic plan that will guide their efforts and actions in a period of 5 years (2015/16 – 2019/20).
The 2040 Vision envisages the consolidation, development and promotion of peace and security in the country.
According to the Strategic Plan, Priority shall be placed on:
– Anti-terrorism measures at national, regional and global level
– Promoting public-private cooperation and civil/community involvement for improved safety and security. For this strategy, UPF emphases community policing;
– Deepening policy, legal and institutional reforms for improved enforcement of law and order. Here the UPF is undertaking amendments of the Police Act, and the Police Standing Orders.
– Promoting processes for national and inter-community dialogue among ethnic and other interest groups; and
– Peace building and reconciliation through increased access to information by the population.
Click below for the full strategic plan 2015/16-2019/20