Home Main Story Machar Submits List Of Nominees For Unified Command Structure

Machar Submits List Of Nominees For Unified Command Structure

153
0
Dr. Riek Machar - leader of the SPLA-IO

The Sudan People Liberation Movement In-Opposition (SPLM-IO) has submitted the list of its nominees for the unified command structure to the president.

This is according to Puok Both Baluang, the Acting Press Secretary in the Office of the First Vice President.

Last week, the parties to the revitalized agreement signed a deal mediated by the Sudanese government that ended a stalemate over the command structure of the unified forces.

The deal also followed disagreements within the peace parties which saw SPLM/A-IO representatives pull out of the security mechanisms last month over violation of the ceasefire agreement allegedly by its main partner, the SPLM.

According to the agreement, the power-sharing in the unified army gives the incumbent government under SPLM 60% and the other two armed groups 40%.

Puok Both Baluang confirmed to Radio Tamazuj on Friday that First Vice President and SPLM/A-IO leader, Riek Machar has handed a complete list of nominees to all the security organs to the Office of the President.

Mr. Both however did not disclose the details of the nominees.

 “Our Chairman and the commander in chief submitted our list for the nominees on the commander structure, “Puok said.

“After that, we will remain with the graduation as it was established in the agreement. The unified forces will be graduated within the period of two months after the formation of the unified forces, “he added.

For his part, the Executive Director for Community Empowerment for Progress Organization (CEPO), Edmond Yakani commended the parties for demonstrating the primary responsibility to deliver the long-awaited completion of the transitional security arrangements.

Yakani who is also a signatory to the 2018 peace deal described as positive the step taken by the principles.

“It’s very encouraging and it’s a clear demonstration of primary responsibility to make sure that the country is peaceful and stable,” Yakani said.

The President is expected to issue a decree announcing the agreed unified command formula upon receiving all the nominees from the various parties.

Comments

comments

loading...
Previous articleHow Novelist Kakwenza Raised UGX 40M to Save his Sureties
Next articlePolice Officer Arrested for Killing Suspect