Afriland First Bank Uganda Limited and Opportunity Bank have been licensed by the Bank of Uganda to operate as commercial banking institutions.
The total of commercial banks in Uganda now stands at 26.
Opportunity Bank has previously been operating as a Credit Institution.
Here is a list of all commercial banks in Uganda
- ABC Capital Bank Limited
- Bank of Africa-Uganda
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India (Uganda) Limited
- Barclays Bank of Uganda Limited
- Cairo International Bank Limited
- Centenary Rural Development Bank Group Limited
- Citibank Uganda
- Commercial Bank of Africa (Uganda) Limited
- dfcu Bank Limited
- Diamond Trust Bank Uganda Limted
- Eco Bank Uganda Limited
- Equity Bank Uganda
- Exim Bank (Uganda0
- Finance Trust Bank
- Guaranty Trust Bank (Uganda) Limited
- KCB Bank Uganda Limited
- NC Bank Uganda Limited
- Orient Bank Limited
- Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited
- Standard Chartered Bank Uganda Limited
- Tropical Bank Limited
- United Bank of Africa (Uganda) Limited
- Housing Finance Bank Limited
What’s a commercial bank?
A commercial bank is a company licensed to carry out financial institution business in Uganda and whose primary business consists mainly in the acceptance of call, demand, savings and time deposits withdrawable by cheque or otherwise in the capacity of the bank