Uganda’s Coronavirus infection toll has risen to 18 cases after four new cases were confirmed Thursday, President Yoweri Museveni has announced.
In a twitter thread, Museveni said the new cases had returned from United Arab Emirates (UAE) and other high-risk nations.
“Yesterday, the 26th of March, another 197 people were tested and many of them were returnees from Dubai or other category one countries, only 4 tested positive,” said the President in a statement.
“These 4 had been under institutional quarantine in the various hotels identified by the sub-committee on quarantine. They have been evacuated to Mulago Hospital for treatment.”
The president noted that the other patients were improving, but noted “it is too early to accurately determine whether we are defeating the virus or not.”
“The other good news is that the majority of the 14 people who are hospitalized at Entebbe, Mulago and Masaka with the virus are responding well to the treatment and seem to be improving,” added Museveni.