With Uganda’s Hotel and Tourism industry slowly growing, hotels are looking for qualified and experienced hoteliers to join their ranks.
An industry insider has revealed to us that the competition for Sales Executives whose responsibility it is to look for clients and maintain relationships has heated up.
One of the International Hotel Chains is looking for sales executives and managers, and below is the job description.
All the best to the lucky ones.
Job brief: An international hotel chain in Kampala is looking for sales professional to be part of the team to achieve sales target in rooms, food and beverages and events revenue. The successful candidate will be responsible to implement all sales activities and maximize business opportunities in specific area of responsibility by establishing strong relationship with customer and guests.
Find business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
– Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
– Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
– Generating and maintaining customers through sales calls, sales blitz, telephone calls and entertainment.
– Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and meeting sales targets.
– Strong influencing and negotiations skills
– Degree or diploma in Sales, Marketing, leisure and hospitality or equivalent from a reputed university preferable
– A minimum of 2 years working experience within the hospitality industry and/or in sales
– Organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, multitasking, researcher, and customer care skills, negotiator, ability to write reports, sales planner.
– Computer literate
– Applicants to send resume only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th March 2017.