Home CAMPUS NEWS LDC Pre-Entry Exam Results 2017/2018 Released: 55% Fail

LDC Pre-Entry Exam Results 2017/2018 Released: 55% Fail


The Law Development Centre (LDC) 2017/2018 Bar Course Pre-Entry Examination results have been released by the law council.

1812 students sat the pre-entry exams on 1st August this year but according to the just released results, only 840 passed (representing 45% of the total number) while the rest of the (55%) failed.

According to LDC Director Frank Othembi, although majority of the students failed this year, there is reason to celebrate as only 37% passed the pre-entry exams to qualify for admission last year.

We spoke to some of the law students that failed the exam and they noted that the exams were difficult, and also shared with us their next plan.

“I will go and study in Rwanda because they do not have pre-entry exams, then I will come back and practice law here,” said a Makerere University graduate who preferred anonymity in order to speak freely.

“Some of my friends will go to Kenya, while others plan to wait and re-sit the LDC pre-entries next year,” the student further said.

Here are the LDC 2017/2018 Bar Course Pre-Entry Examination results:



Previous articleHope for Cancer Patients as New Cancer Machine is Delivered at Mulago
Next articlePHOTOS: When Singer Liane Thrilled Revelers at Space Lounge